2023 Subaru Crosstrek Towing Capacity
The Subaru Crosstrek is an excellent choice for Brooklyn Park drivers who want an SUV that combines strong performance with classic Subaru reliability. The Subaru Crosstrek is a sporty compact crossover SUV that can seat up to five passengers across two rows of seats, with two available engine choices under the hood and all the latest comforts and conveniences inside the cabin! One of the highlights of the new Subaru Crosstrek is its towing capacity, along with key towing features and cargo space, which we’ve detailed in the guide below.
How Much Can a Subaru Crosstrek Tow?
As we discussed above, the Subaru Crosstrek gives you the choice of two powertrains: a standard 2.0L 4-cylinder Subaru BOXER engine, and an available hybrid upgrade if you want to max out your fuel efficiency! The Crosstrek towing capacity varies slightly depending on which engine you choose:
Subaru Crosstrek Standard Engine:
- 2.0-liter DOHC four-cylinder SUBARU BOXER® engine
- 152 horsepower
- 145 lb-ft of torque
- 1,500-pound towing capacity
Subaru Crosstrek Available Engine:
- Hybrid 2.0-liter DOHC four-cylinder SUBARU BOXER® engine
- 137 horsepower
- 134 lb-ft of torque
- 1,000-pound towing capacity
Now that we’ve gone over the raw numbers, let’s answer another key question: what can a Subaru Crosstrek tow? When properly equipped with the Trailer Hitch, Trailer Hitch Cap, and Ball Mount accessories, you can tow a small camper or RV, a small boat, a motorcycle, or a pair of ATVs behind your Crosstrek!
Subaru Crosstrek Tow Features
In addition to a strong towing capacity, the new Subaru Crosstrek comes with a wide variety of features designed to make hauling cargo around Maple Grove as smooth and safe as possible:
- High-Strength Steel Body Structure — For durability, rigidity, and vibration resistance.
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive — Offers maximum traction and stability for improved handling and quicker response.
- Brake Assist — If an emergency braking action is detected, maximum brake pressure is immediately applied.
- Vehicle Dynamics Control — Sensors constantly monitor vehicle behavior, and if any sway or drifting is detected, braking power and/or torque reduction is used to help correct the vehicle.
- Available X-MODE® — optimizes the engine, transmission, and more for better traction in slippery road conditions.
- Available Hill Descent Control — This feature comes with X-MODE® and maintains a constant vehicle speed for more control on steep descents.
Subaru Crosstrek Cargo Solutions
If you’d prefer to carry your cargo inside your SUV rather than behind it, don’t worry! The Subaru Crosstrek may be classified as a compact SUV, but it boasts plenty of space for cargo inside the cabin, particularly if you fold the rear seats down:
- Cargo Space – Rear Seats Up: 20.8 cubic feet of cargo space (15.9 cubic feet in the Hybrid trim)
- Cargo Space – Rear Seats Down: 55.3 cubic feet of cargo space (43.1 cubic feet in Hybrid trim)
Find Your Next SUV at Morrie's Brooklyn Park Subaru!
If you’re interested in seeing how the new Subaru Crosstrek handles on the Rogers roads for yourself, contact our office to set up a test drive! We’ll take care of everything and get you behind the wheel in no time. You can also head to our model research hub to learn more about the Crosstrek and the other vehicles in our lineup.
More from Morrie's Brooklyn Park Subaru
Are you looking for a new SUV to drive around Brooklyn Park? Look no further! The 2023 Subaru Crosstrek is the perfect vehicle to enhance your Maple Grove lifestyle. Whether you need space for your large family or want to enjoy bringing equipment for your next adventure, the Crosstrek will support you. Subaru Crosstrek Inventory Subaru Research…
The Subaru Crosstrek is an excellent choice for Brooklyn Park drivers who want an SUV that combines strong performance with classic Subaru reliability. The Subaru Crosstrek is a sporty compact crossover SUV that can seat up to five passengers across two rows of seats, with two available engine choices under the hood and all the latest…
The typical Brooklyn Park commute keeps getting more expensive, thanks to high gas prices. Thankfully, the Subaru Outback fuel economy can help with that. The 2023 Subaru Outback MPG estimates get as high as 33 miles per gallon on the highway*. Let’s talk about the 2023 Subaru Outback gas mileage in detail. We think you’ll see…